Whitney joined HMS as an Associate in August 2013. Whitney works with attorneys who are well established in energy litigation in Pennsylvania. At HMS, Whitney focuses her practice in the electricity, natural gas, and municipal and private water sectors, practicing predominantly before the PA PUC and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Whitney has recently assisted with PA PUC Act 127 Pipeline Safety matters and application of PHMSA regulations. Whitney is an integral part of HMS’s litigation and appellate practice.
Prior to working at HMS, Whitney interned at the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Whitney also interned as a Law Clerk in the PUC's Law Bureau where she conducted legal research and drafted advisory memos and orders for the PUC.
- Represents Natural Gas Utility before PUC in rate and complaint proceedings
- Represents Water Providers before PUC
- Represents Attorney General before FERC and Ninth Circuit
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Energy Bar Association
• Dauphin County Bar Association
• Bowman Inn of Court
• Dauphin County Lawyers for the Arts
• Women’s Council on Energy & the Environment (WCEE)
Honors and Distinctions
• Secretary, Public Utility Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
• American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence 2012-13
- Intern Clerk to the Honorable J. Michael Eakin, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2013
- Law Clerk, Pa P.U.C., Law Bureau, 2012
- Energypath 2017, "Marijuana Grower Energy Use: Looming Issues in Pennsylvania" (July 27, 2017).
- Lancaster Bar Association, "Planting the Seed: Legalities & Realities of Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania" (June 13, 2017).